Day-by-day Maths Activities which link to what we are learning.
Week beginning 1.2.21 Growing 6,7,8 Week 2
Week beginning 25.1.21 Growing 6,7,8 Week 1
Week beginning 18.1.21-Alive in 5 week 3
- Practice forming the numerals these and these can help.
- Practice counting forwards and backwards to 20 – This can be done through playing hide and seek, singing number songs, chanting, board games etc.
- Say 1 more or less than a number. “1 more than __ is __. 1 less/fewer than __ is __.”
- Use the maths eyes website to look at photos and talk about the maths you can see (numbers of things, shapes, colours, patterns, sizes etc.)
- Use opportunities like cooking and mealtimes to discuss qualities, weighing, doubling, halving and sharing.
Maths activities on screen:
- Watch Numberblocks clips at: BBC, CBeebies or on youtube. Use this guide here to give you ideas on what to do with your children whilst watching an episode.
- If it suits you child, work on RMeasimaths – your child has an individual login to access this.